DeKalb County Appoints new Chief Financial Officer, Human Resources Director | Community Spirit
DECATUR – DeKalb County has named appointments to fill vacancies in two county departments. Joel Gottlieb was named Chief Financial Officer and Benita Ransom was named Director of Human Resources.
Gottlieb has extensive experience in the finance field as well as a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Queens College, a master’s in Public Administration from Ohio State University and a master’s in Urban and Regional Planning from Ohio State University. He has also served as Assistant Director of Finance for DeKalb County since 1996 and most recently as Interim Chief Financial Officer for the county.
Ransom has extensive experience in the human resources field as well as a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Fisk University and a master’s in Business Administration (Management) from Boston University. Most recently, she served as Commissioner of Human Resources for the City of Atlanta.
Gottlieb and Ransom were nominated to fill the position by DeKalb County CEO Burrell Ellis and confirmed by the DeKalb County Board of Commissioners.
Upcoming Events near Doraville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Colbert plans segment on jailed electric car owner
- Cops alleged electric car owner stole $10-25 worth of electricity
- Electric car owner charged with stealing 5 cents worth of juice
- One dead in Dawsonville plane crash
- W. Wesley Hamilton joins Sterling Risk Advisors as Broker & Managing Director of Strategic Accounts