Ga. health rankings: DeKalb County | Health
(WXIA) -- A new report offers detailed health statistics for each of Georgia's counties.
The findings, which are posted at countyhealthrankings.org, determined that Forsyth is Georgia's healthiest county. Early is the least healthy.
DeKalb is Georgia's 19th healthiest county, according to the data. It ranks 25th for quality of life, 8th for health behaviors (such as smoking and obesity), 8th for clinical care, 64th for social and economic factors (like graduation rates and violent crimes), and 128th for physical environment.
Here are some interesting takeaways about DeKalb County:
* 12% of adult residents are in "poor or fair" health
* 26% of adult residents are obese
* 22% of residents are uninsured
* 69.3% of adult residents completed at least some college coursework
* 44% of children live in single-parent households
* 47% of adult residents have what would be considered a "long" daily commute