Express lane toll hits $6.05 high | News
ATLANTA -- The cost to use interstate tolls in metro Atlanta has soared in recent weeks and hit a new record this week.
The Gwinnett Daily Post reports that motorists paid a record $6.05 to use the lanes Tuesday morning.
Rates for the so-called HOT lanes on Interstate 85 northeast of Atlanta have steadily increased in the past year, from $4.70 in February to $5 in April.
Gena L. Evans, executive director of the State Road and Tollway Authority, said the price hit $6 at times last week and on Monday before setting Tuesday's record.
SRTA officials have say they've issued nearly 200,000 Peach Passes.
The I-85 toll lanes span about 16 miles from near Chamblee Tucker Road, just south of I-285, to Old Peachtree Road in Gwinnett and DeKalb counties.
Upcoming Events near Doraville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Colbert plans segment on jailed electric car owner
- Cops alleged electric car owner stole $10-25 worth of electricity
- Electric car owner charged with stealing 5 cents worth of juice
- One dead in Dawsonville plane crash
- W. Wesley Hamilton joins Sterling Risk Advisors as Broker & Managing Director of Strategic Accounts